Monday, March 17, 2014

13 Weeks


Still feel great but I have popped! I need some maternity pants. The ones I have are too big but my currents pants, while they still fit, make me look like I have a super muffin top instead of a baby in there. But I have had a few comments from people who knew I had lost weight and now I look like I've gained a ton. So I look pregnant! I also get comments about how tired I look. Well....I'm tired! Baby D is size of a pea-pod now and if she is a girl, she has all her eggs already. In a weird, creepy way, I might have some of my grand-children in me too. Think about it.

1) - Save, save, save. I need to have $6,000 - $8,000 saved up by September.  If we work hard and stick to a budget (that's hard for us!) we can do it. We're at $1000 right now, so only $5-$7k to go. Half of the midwife is paid for. I could have paid it all at once but I want to get through March and I didn't want to transfer money right away. AND, jut found out I'm getting a raise at work. And our budget is rocking this month! And having two cars is great! Especially since we have only put gas in the van 1x since we got it. Hooray!!

2) Not gain too much. I'm on maintenance mode. I just weighed myself: 146. Without clothes on. I was 152 last week at midwife....with clothes and shoes on. BTW, best prenatal visit I have ever had. Janell went over diet, all the required tests and optional tests, my entire history, explained what she was doing and why. I wish I would have known about midwifes when I was pregnant with Grace. She also discussed nutrition with me and gave me a food journal. I did good until Saturday when I was at work all day and then too tired to thing when I got home. I'm starting fresh this week. Giving up sweets for Lent has helped a lot. 

3) Stay organized. Bills are organized, kid's rooms are organized, basement is....eh. Keep it this way Mike did some cleaning in the basement, which was nice. It's always a work in progress.

4) Sell a lot of stuff like Nintendo stuff, foosball table, etc. Sold 2 more games!

5) Get the garden going really good this year. Peanuts are sprouted. So are bell peppers and jalapenos! Mike just started tomatoes and I have a friend who is giving us some strawberry shoots cause our strawberries did nothing so far.

6) Can LOTS of apricots. And salsa. And pickles. 

7) Read 100 books. I've already done 4. And it's only the 13th. 21 books done! I just finished Ina May's Guide to Pregnancy which was inspiring and informative. I also finished The Book Thief and I cried. But it was kind of a fast book and pretty good. Now I'm on Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah and I have a few birthing books as well. 

8) Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I'm on day 52 so if I read 8 days worth today then I'm where I wanted to be. It was a long weekend. 

9)  Spend more time with my kids instead of near my kids Mercy is obsessed with Mario on the Wii U so we play a lot of that. And baby dolls. 

10) Bethany's cross stitch  Haven't touched all week. Bad Briana!


No comments:

Post a Comment