Saturday, March 16, 2013

Adventures in Baby-fooding.

I've discovered homemade baby food. This is the site I've been using. It's awesome and Bethany LOVES it! So far we've made sweet potatoes and acorn squash. Right now I'm making carrots and butternut squash. It's so simple too. Roast the food, puree it up. We got a small food blender thing when we got married and barely used it, but it purees the food perfectly. Some day I'll own a Magic Bullet (kicking myself for not buying it at Smiths when it was down to $35. Oh well). The best part is after I make it, I freeze it in ice cube trays and then once frozen, pop em out and put it in a ziplock bag. Two cubes seems to fill her up and it's so much cheaper than store bought food. We got 2 butternut squash in our Bountiful Basket a few weeks ago and I'm hoping for at least 2 ice cube trays of food. Not to mention the mega huge carrots! One should fill a tray! So excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment