Thursday, October 11, 2012

Another Progresso Recipe Starters Review


EDITS: Ok so I should also mention that I'm a BzzAgent which means I get stuff for free to try it out and review it. 

We had to try another can of Recipe Starters! This time I searched Progresso's website and found this recipe. Seemed easy and something that my whole family would enjoy.


It called for a can of Creamy Parmesan Basil, chicken, cheese filled ravioli, half and half and bacon. Mmmm, bacon.

I changed it up a little by using fresh chicken and cutting it up into chunks. I also used a 25 oz bag of ravioli instead of just 9 oz. And I made fresh bacon for the top cause it's so much better than any other bacon.

I got the chicken cooking and put the ravioli in a pot of boiling water to help defrost the ravioli. I also cheated and cooked my bacon in the fridge  microwave. Wow sleep deprivation is really hitting me hard. Don't tell my husband cause I'm not sure what he'd think about that.

Out of all the Recipe Starters we have tried, this one is my favorite. It's like an alfredo sauce. It was pretty runny in the can so you'd want to thicken it up. The recipe called for half and half to help thicken it. Since I discovered how much better my coffee tastes with half and half instead of milk, we usually have plenty of half and half on hand. 

The smell once the sauce was poured into the hot skillet was amazing. It was full of fragrant basil and sharp parmesan. My mouth was watering just waiting for dinner. 


This meal took me less than 30 minutes to make, which was bad for Mike cause he had just called his dad 5 minutes before it was finished. The girls waited patiently for him to finish up so we could say the blessing before our meal. 


Grace was a little grumpy today. 

Everyone loved it! Next time I'd add some broccoli to get some veggies in, but this is definitely something we'll make again and Progresso Recipe Starters make for a quick, easy meal!


And I have to post just one more of the kiddos :)





No comments:

Post a Comment