Tuesday, February 1, 2011

30 Days of My Life

I totally copied this from Little Sarah, but I like it.

Day #1 - Introduce Yourself

My name is Briana. I'm a 29 year old stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful girls! Man it feels good to say SAHM. Up until a week ago, I would have introduced myself as "Briana, General Manager of the Logan Ruby Tuesday" but we closed down last Sunday. So now I'm sitting on unemployment and being mommy to my kids. I LOVE IT! I've definitely become more domestic over the past two years. I cook dinner almost every night (I can say that now, cause I'm home! Hard to have a meal on the table when you work at a restaurant cause the hours are crazy). I have a routine for cleaning, which makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I coupon, as you probably have noticed. I'm getting more and more crafty by the day. Now if I could just finish a craft before starting a new one :)

I was born in Ridgway, Pennsylvania which is a small town in western Pennsylvania. I moved to Bloomington, Indiana when I was 11 and then moved again when I was 16 to Smithfield, Utah. I swore that I was moving out of Utah as soon as possible, yet I'm still here. I was born and raised Catholic and living in Utah for 14 years has actually made me stronger and more knowledgable about my own faith. I went to Utah State University after graduating high school and graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Psychology in 2004.

In 2001 I started working at Ruby Tuesday, and it was there that I met my husband Mike. It took him 6 months to work up the nerve to ask me out. He essentially moved in on our 3rd date and never left. And I never want him to. We were married two and a half years later. Another two years later we were blessed with our first girl, Grace. She's an amazing, free-spirited little girl who loves tigers, SpongeBob and I Spy. Four years after that we were blessed with baby girl number 2, Mercy. She's only 3 months old, but she's such a chunk! She sleeps a lot, eats a lot, and is all-in-all a pleasant baby! I want baby #3 soon, but Mike says we have to wait.

Some things many people don't know about me and could be surprised to find out:
  • I have the motorcycle endorsement on my license. When I was 19 I had my own bike and rode for about 3 years before my bike was sold.
  • I am a gun enthusiast. I was in the NRA for a long time, but my membership lapsed and I haven't gotten around to renewing it yet. I'm a pretty darn good shot, too.
  • I like video games. Especially MMORPGs like World of Warcraft. I'm a nerd, I know.
  • My favorite band is Metallica. Second fave is Smashing Pumpkins. I also like country music too.
  • We use NFP and I'm extremely pro-life. Which leads to...
  • I used to classify myself as a Republican. Now I'd say I'm more Libertarian. However, I do not believe in killing babies, no matter the reason. Ask me about why Planned Parenthood was started and I'll make my husband explain it cause he does a better job than I do lol
  • I am a couponer (as previously mentioned) but I'm not crazy like the people on the TLC show (which I haven't watched). I do have a huge coupon binder and I do stockpile and have a mini grocery store in my basement, but I don't go overboard. And my husband said he doesn't care how many boxes of cereal I have...
And I think that's all for day #1...


No comments:

Post a Comment