Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 7 - What I wanted to be when I grew up...

When I was little I wanted to be a vet. I remember that very clearly. I'm not sure when it changed, but I know at one point I wanted to be preschool teacher and then it changed to cop. And my mom won't let me forget when I wanted to be a cowgirl. We had gone camping out Right Hand Fork and met some random cowboy. He let us girls ride his horses up and down the road. I was last and my mom mentioned that I liked cows so he let me help herd the cattle. I was riding a horse that used to be a wild mustang in Nevada. Funny thing, I actually saw some wild horses in Nevada like 15 years later!

So I have changed my mind a lot. When I started college at USU I went into the Elementary Education program at first. I had a 7:30 class in the second semester which was El. Ed. I slept in a lot. Funny how I didn't miss a day of school in high school but I missed a LOT in college. Anyway, I decided because of that class that I didn't want to be a teacher anymore. My roommate Crystal was a psychology major and she was taking a behaviorism class and she got to train a rat. I thought that sounded neat, so I changed majors. I ended up graduating with a B.S. in Psychology. You can't do much with a Bachelors and I really don't have any desire to go back for more school, or to be a therapist. So I stayed in the restaurant business until now.

Now I have the best job in the world. Wife and mom! I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment